No matter what rice cooker you invest in, there are a few techniques you can use to ensure your rice is delicious and perfect every time you cook it.
If you know the right tips for making flawless, fluffy, tasty rice, you will keep wowing your friends and family members with every delectable dish you create.
Use some of the tips shared here to confirm you always have the greatest rice for all of your recipes!
Let’s learn how to cook rice in a rice cooker now
Also take a look What is the best rice cooker to buy?
Measure the rice you plan to cook.
- Use the measuring cup that comes with your cooker to measure out rice to put in the cooker.
- Don’t use regular measuring cups from your kitchen to measure out the rice: There may be some slight differences between the cup that comes with the unit and the measuring cups you have in your kitchen.
- Some cookers feature measuring lines right inside the interior of the unit superimposed on the Teflon coating.
- Measuring your rice out ensures there will be no spillage when using your rice cooker.
- Using the measuring cups also ensures there’s no waste.
Monitor your rice to water ratio.
Your rice needs to be completely submerged in water to ensure even cooking and fluffy rice.
For Jasmine, Basmati or Indian Rice, you’ll need a bit less water to get the drier rice effect. Jasmine, Basmati, or Indian Rice, use 1.5 cups of water per cup of rice you put in the unit.
For rinsed Indian rice, use 1 cup of water per cup of rice. Medium grain white rice, use 1.5 cups of water for every cup of rice. Short grain white rice use, 1.25 cups of water per every cup of rice.
For long grain white rice, use 1.75 cups of water per every cup of rice. Long grain brown rice, use 2.24 cups of water per every cup of rice.
Rinse your rice before and after you cook it.
- To clear rice of pesticides, herbicides, and other undesired contaminants, rinse before cooking.
- Fill a bowl with room temperature water. Completely submerge the rice.
- Drain and repeat until the water runs perfectly clear.
- Rinse rice after cooking if you want to reduce the amount of excess starch on the rice.
Add spice to your rice right in the cooker!
Add spices, salt, and pepper right to the water you are cooking the rice in: It will absorb into the rice and assure upper flavor with each bite!
Soak your rice for speedier cooking! Need rice in a hurry? Soak your rice for a half hour in room temperature water earlier on cooking it.
Make sure you review the user’s manual earlier on you use your rice cooker. Many cookers have special features that can make cooking rice easier than ever before! If you’ve lost your manual, download a free manual online from the rice cooker manufacturer.
Hope now you have got some better idea about how to cook rice in a rice cooker.
Please follow and like us: